We would like our work to make a contribution to society and also to further develop construction and property management. For this reason, we are guided by the following characteristics: fact-based, interdisciplinary, partnership-oriented, innovative, significant, active, modular, transparent.
Our work is significant for society and aspires to achieve actual added value.
- We enable improved utilization of existing innovations, make these available, and create habitable and inclusive buildings that can be used by generations to come.
- We contribute to buildings that are energy-efficient in their operation, achieve long-term optimization of the carbon footprint of office and residential buildings, and contribute to ecological sustainability.
- We strive to optimize the capacity utilization and usability of buildings by responding to urbanization trends and the increasing demand for flexibilization and a more sustainable use of buildings.
We work in partnership and on equal terms. With an interdisciplinary team, our work benefits from a wide range of different perspectives contributed by representatives from society, industry, politics, technology and science, for example.
- We engage in collective action, taking a living lab approach: UBM supplies buildings as authentic testing ground, while business partners provide their technologies and expertise. The collaboration is characterized by mutual exchange between all parties involved.
- We integrate different views and perspectives into our work: scientific support achieves (data) validation, and user panels allows the exchange of information between operators and investors.
- We create a common data platform and establish regular exchange between all partners in order to support and promote sharing of knowledge and work status.
We focus on innovative topics and work in active teams to gain rapid results. Our projects have a modular structure, which enables various topics to be handled in parallel.
- We are guided by hypotheses, and both the work of the Foundation and a dedicated budget allow new applications to be tested in addition to current building equipment, without duplicating the steps involved in conventional building planning.
- We focus on findings that can be evaluated quickly by integrating active work methods.
- In a multi-project approach, we process several topics simultaneously and create overarching (data) models that can be experienced – this enables us to make innovations reusable over the long term, beyond the original individual project.
Our operations are characterized by fact-based action and innovation, and are closely connected with collecting and evaluating certified data. This is performed in a transparent method of working and allows all partners to receive findings.
- Current data privacy standards are adhered to by us in all our work. We focus on behaving with integrity throughout our activities, enabling uniform certifications and creating standards.
- Our work is based on data – by linking data across various building lifecycle phases we enable comprehensive observations and evaluations.
- We allow our findings to be used by society and therefore reveal areas in which digitalization can make a contribution towards more sustainable buildings.